Mobile menu

Where can I find a Multiterm database?
Thread poster: Dragos Radulescu
Dragos Radulescu
Local time: 08:34
Romanian to English
Oct 17, 2006

I have Trados 7 Freelance and Trados MultiTerm 7. Could anyone tell me how they work? I've rea the tutorials but I didn't figured out how to import the termbase from a file. Is there a server from where I could download the termbases, or do I have to add them one by one ?
Thank you very much.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-17 13:01]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:34
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Set them up yourself Oct 17, 2006

Hi RDragos,

Do you have Termbase files and TMs? They do not come with the software. Usually you set up your own TM and Termbase while working on a translation project. Sometimes a client might send you a TM and Termbase of previous translations. But in general, you set them up.

Oh, I actually heard of a TM Marketplace project some time ago. Here is the link for more information: They function as a broker and establish the contact between translators who want to license out their TMs and other translators who can obtain a license on those TMs. I think that's how it works. But I have never tried it nor heard any comments about it.

[Edited at 2006-10-17 17:57]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find a Multiterm database?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs