Mobile menu

Where can I find a Multiterm database?
Thread poster: Dragos Radulescu
Dragos Radulescu
Local time: 15:53
Romanian to English
Oct 17, 2006

I have Trados 7 Freelance and Trados MultiTerm 7. Could anyone tell me how they work? I've rea the tutorials but I didn't figured out how to import the termbase from a file. Is there a server from where I could download the termbases, or do I have to add them one by one ?
Thank you very much.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-17 13:01]

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:53
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Set them up yourself Oct 17, 2006

Hi RDragos,

Do you have Termbase files and TMs? They do not come with the software. Usually you set up your own TM and Termbase while working on a translation project. Sometimes a client might send you a TM and Termbase of previous translations. But in general, you set them up.

Oh, I actually heard of a TM Marketplace project some time ago. Here is the link for more information: http://www.tmmarketplace.com/. They function as a broker and establish the contact between translators who want to license out their TMs and other translators who can obtain a license on those TMs. I think that's how it works. But I have never tried it nor heard any comments about it.

HTH,
Stefanie

[Edited at 2006-10-17 17:57]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where can I find a Multiterm database?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs