Mobile menu

want the medium size window back! TWB (freelance 7.0)
Thread poster: jokerman

jokerman
Germany
Local time: 19:27
English to German
+ ...
Oct 17, 2006

few days ago I minimized my TWB-Window(freelance 7.0), and ever since when I try to get it back to the usual size (approx. 1/4 of the screen), it simply won't open. I still can right-click it and opt for "maximize" - it does open then, but then I have it across the entire screen... I just want it back to the usual size... anyone a clue what's happening there?

thanks!

igor

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-17 14:33]

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Drag it to the size you want Oct 17, 2006

WB probably behaves like a Word window, you go with the mouse to one edge and press the left button and drag the corner to where it should be. At least it works when in minimal size.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use the forum search, or search the Trados KB Oct 17, 2006

Hi Igor,
Use the forum search, to search this forum for "cannot resize" - this will yield this topic, for example.

Article 1123 from the Trados Knowledge Base might also help.

You should be very careful when editing your Windows registry, as incorrect changes may significantly damage your system.

HTH, Ralf

jokerman
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hm... no Oct 17, 2006

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

WB probably behaves like a Word window, you go with the mouse to one edge and press the left button and drag the corner to where it should be. At least it works when in minimal size.

hm, yeah, I thought so as well, but that somehow doesn't work any more neither...

still thank you very much, Heinrich!

igor

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
German to Polish
+ ...
I know this problem very well Oct 17, 2006

I work usually on my notebook with an external monitor, displaying Trados on the large external monitor.
When I disconnect the external monitor, I cannot see Trados on my notebook's monitor in normal view, but in maximized view only.
This happens when I forget to change display settings to a single screen before disconnecting the external monitor.

So please check your display settings; maybe you have changed them by chance, even without an additional monitor connected.
Go to Start – Systemsteuerung – Darstellung und Designs – Anzeige – Einstellungen – Erweitert – Monitor and check the settings.

These are my 2 cents without knowing your hardware configuration.

Regards

Andrzej

jokerman
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes! Oct 17, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Igor,
Use the forum search, to search this forum for "cannot resize" - this will yield this topic, for example.

Article 1123 from the Trados Knowledge Base might also help.

You should be very careful when editing your Windows registry, as incorrect changes may significantly damage your system.

HTH, Ralf

that this topic was brilliant! so glad to have my trados back to normal... thanks a million Ralph!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

want the medium size window back! TWB (freelance 7.0)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs