Trados crashed, and now my .doc files displays translation units in both languages
Thread poster: hugov
hugov
hugov
English to French
Oct 17, 2006

Hi,

I use Trados 7 and Multiterm ix. My translator workbench crashed and now my .doc files displays both source and target language. With signs like that look like this : (0>

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:17
English to German
+ ...
Source and target text are visible - as designed Oct 17, 2006

Hi Hugo,
This issue has been discussed numerous times in this forum - just search for "hidden text". In fact, it is recommended to display source and target during interactive translation, to prevent damaging tags.

HTH, Ralf

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please do not use "sharp" brackets from keyboard in your post Oct 17, 2006

Your post is beeing truncated after the < sign.
In order to get the < or > sign you must use html entities (here written with spaces - they have to be removed): & lt ; for < and & gt ; for >

Regards
Jerzy

[Edited at 2006-10-17 20:43]

hugov
hugov
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't know it was discussed before. Oct 17, 2006

Thank you for you help.

[Edited at 2006-10-17 22:34]

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:17
English to Spanish
Read the manuals and follow the tutorials Oct 17, 2006

Yours is a problem of lack of knowledge. This is a complex (very complex) application and you need to go over the tutorials and manuals, even more than once. This is not a program to install and go blindly about it or you will soon be saying that TRADOS is not worth it and that you wasted your money, and you will stop using it because you will get frustrated.

So do yourself the biggest favor in a long time:
search the TRADOS forum in Proz,
peruse the Knowledge Base in
... See more
Yours is a problem of lack of knowledge. This is a complex (very complex) application and you need to go over the tutorials and manuals, even more than once. This is not a program to install and go blindly about it or you will soon be saying that TRADOS is not worth it and that you wasted your money, and you will stop using it because you will get frustrated.

So do yourself the biggest favor in a long time:
search the TRADOS forum in Proz,
peruse the Knowledge Base in TRADOS home page,
print everything you find and can get your hands on, and
read and play the tutorials.

Most likely, the next time something weird happens you would remember you already read the solution somewhere.

[Edited at 2006-10-17 22:52]

[Edited at 2006-10-17 22:53]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados crashed, and now my .doc files displays translation units in both languages

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »