Mobile menu

Target segment not always corresponding to target language
Thread poster: Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski

Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:22
Polish to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2006

I am experiencing the following problem with Trados 2006 and Word 2003.
Whether I pre-translate a doc file or simply work along and use Alt + Ins to copy the source segment, I sometimes get the source language in the target segment instead of the target language. There is no rule to when this happens. I must then select the entire sentence in the target segment, go to the language option and select the proper language.
This is annoying me as this slows me down.
Is there anything I can do about this? Please help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
normal Oct 18, 2006

When you copy source into taget (by batch trans or alt+ins) you also copy the language label; I suppose you are bothered by the spell checker. When you close the segment, the language label changes into target; in word you'll notice the wavy red lines are no longer there (unless you've made an actual mistake).

So there is a rule as to when this happens.
Just consider the language as another tag.

Astro Jaroslaw Rutkowski  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks saitch Oct 19, 2006

It's just that I've been working with SDLX for the past 6 years and just started using Trados. However, what seemed strange to me was that this did not occur at every segment. Thanks for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Target segment not always corresponding to target language

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs