Elena Ivanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:45
Member (2013)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 19, 2006

Hi.
Does anyone know, whether it is possible or not to import third-party dictionaries (such as Promt or Lingvo) to Multiterm? Or to trados TM?
I was told, Trados can somehow use those dictionaries, but I can't find out how to make it use them.

Thanks in advance.

Elena

[Edited at 2006-10-19 10:50]

Dane (X)
Dane (X)  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 13:45
English to Danish
Trying that too Oct 19, 2006

[Edited at 2006-10-19 14:27]

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:45
Swedish to English
+ ...
AFAIK, No Oct 19, 2006

As far as I know, it is not possible to link third-party dictionaries directly to Trados.

The only option is to export the data and create an import file in the correct format for Trados. However, most dictionaries do not allow that.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 13:45
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My dream is ... Oct 19, 2006

to know enough about the MultiTerm API to add those dictionaries to the stuff I have available locally (ie via Acess) in MultiTerm. ie without having to copy and transcribe and Convert and... you know... Just posting the request to the URL and formatting the response so that it gets through to where I can "Get Current Term". I have been looking (now and then) around for hints, but so far pretty much radio silence...

Whoever would spend his or her time on devising it, could retire
... See more
to know enough about the MultiTerm API to add those dictionaries to the stuff I have available locally (ie via Acess) in MultiTerm. ie without having to copy and transcribe and Convert and... you know... Just posting the request to the URL and formatting the response so that it gets through to where I can "Get Current Term". I have been looking (now and then) around for hints, but so far pretty much radio silence...

Whoever would spend his or her time on devising it, could retire rich in 6 months - just think of all MultiTerm users, who have to plug extra into leo.org for instance...

But, to quote Peter, AFAIK No (sg).

regards

Vito

[Edited at 2006-10-19 20:55]
Collapse

Elena Ivanova
Elena Ivanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Member (2013)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eeeeeh. Oct 19, 2006

Thanks for your reply.

Let's believe, dreams come true some day

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Probably possible with a macro program like MacroMaker Oct 22, 2006

Elena,

I believe it is possible, using a macro program like MacroMaker (free, available here: http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm). Here is a suggestion I fo
... See more
Elena,

I believe it is possible, using a macro program like MacroMaker (free, available here: http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm). Here is a suggestion I found:

http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.morereviews&PartnerREF=&siteid=7&prodid=7559&siteid=7

HTH, Dominique
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing dictionaries to MultiTerm

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »