boisa
boisa
Belgium
Local time: 00:19
English to French
+ ...
Oct 23, 2006

Hello,

Just a quick question, is there a way to analyze many files in a main folder and many subfolder without having to open each subfolder to add them to the files to analyze? I have SDL trados 2006 freelance.
I know it is possible from other software like practicount but what about workbench?
Thanks
Isa

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Drag and drop Oct 23, 2006

Search all files to be analysed using the Windows Search feature ( Start>Search>search for *.*), open the Analyse window in Trados, select all found files from the Search window and drag and drop them in the Analyse window.

I learnt about this quite some time ago right here in the forums. Can't remember who from though (Jerzy? Murray?)

Nice tip it was!
Have fun
Philippe

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Thank you, nice tip indeed! Oct 16, 2007

Philippe Etienne wrote:

Search all files to be analysed using the Windows Search feature ( Start>Search>search for *.*), open the Analyse window in Trados, select all found files from the Search window and drag and drop them in the Analyse window.

This is simple and great, thank you Philippe!
I've been receiving large batches with loads of subfolders with ttx files, with no accompanying stats, and until now I did the wordcount by converting to SDLX and analysing in SDLX (which has the neat "Include subfolders" option.

But this is so much easier

[Edited at 2007-10-16 07:41]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordcount in subfolders

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »