https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/58168-tageditor_document_protection_error.html

TagEditor document protection error
Thread poster: Conroy Fritz
Conroy Fritz
Conroy Fritz  Identity Verified
Paraguay
Local time: 06:11
German to English
Oct 24, 2006

Hi,

I'm using the TagEditor version 6.5.2.417 with Trados 6.5 and an agency has sent me two .xls files that I'm supposed to open with TagEditor to create .ttx files. The first file opened successfully, but the second one gives the following error:

"(80005) Connection with server application error:

Document structure error:

You cannot use this command on a protected sheet. To unprotect th sheet, us the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools menu, Prot
... See more
Hi,

I'm using the TagEditor version 6.5.2.417 with Trados 6.5 and an agency has sent me two .xls files that I'm supposed to open with TagEditor to create .ttx files. The first file opened successfully, but the second one gives the following error:

"(80005) Connection with server application error:

Document structure error:

You cannot use this command on a protected sheet. To unprotect th sheet, us the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools menu, Protection submenu) You may be propted for a password.3 Workflow Arztbrief-Beispiel"

I went to Tools->Options, clicked the Protection tab and unchecke the three document protection boxes, but I still get the same error. Would anyone know what's going on?

Thanks,

Conroy
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:11
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
TagEditor document protection error Oct 24, 2006

You cannot use this command on a protected sheet. To unprotect th sheet, us the Unprotect Sheet command (Tools menu, Protection submenu) You may be propted for a password.3 Workflow Arztbrief-Beispiel

This refers to Excel, not TagEditor. You might need a password from the agency to unprotect the sheet.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:11
English to Swedish
+ ...
Copy/paste Oct 24, 2006

If the client is reluctant or slow, try copy-pasting the content into a new Excel file.

Off course, this might be inconvenient if there are several tabs or other advanced formating (external database fields etc).

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor document protection error

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »