Thread poster: Yazmin Osoyo
Yazmin Osoyo
Yazmin Osoyo  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2002

I followed the instructions for translating comments and used the T-window for Clipboard... however, this resulted in a waste of time, it did not paste into the excel file, did not register into the TM and after I closed it all the translated text was lost!

As for word, everytime I translate a header and footer, page number or any type of active fields a marker or delimiter appears

Can someone explain how to handle this?

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:11
English to German
+ ...
Not sure, but maybe... Oct 20, 2002

Of course I am not sure, but maybe you actually did not look into the target files and so the translation seemed to be lost. When you open an Excel file to translate, T-Window for Excel by default creates a new file in the same directory with the \"extension\" filename_translated.xls. Provided you have saved every segment into the TM and did not choose another file name or directory, you should find your translation in this file.

As for T-Window for Clipboard, you have to save the segm
... See more
Of course I am not sure, but maybe you actually did not look into the target files and so the translation seemed to be lost. When you open an Excel file to translate, T-Window for Excel by default creates a new file in the same directory with the \"extension\" filename_translated.xls. Provided you have saved every segment into the TM and did not choose another file name or directory, you should find your translation in this file.

As for T-Window for Clipboard, you have to save the segment into the TM and then copy the translated target segment (menu: Tools/Copy target) and manually put it into the file you are translating. However your TM should contain every segment, which was saved into it, which applies also to T-Window for clipboard.

If this does not solve your problem, maybe you could describe it more in detail.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:11
English to German
+ ...
More info, please... Oct 20, 2002

Regarding your Excel issue: the header of your message refers to T-Window for Excel, whereas your post refers to T-Window for Clipboard. Did you attempt to use both at the same time?

Re your Word problem: did you try to translate fields (such as cross-references, for example)? Perhaps you could describe an example of where your problem occurred - TBH I\'m not too sure what the problem is.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating footers, headers and comments with WB and T-window for Excel

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »