Help with SDLX !
Thread poster: delphine_b
delphine_b
Local time: 02:56
English to French
+ ...
Oct 25, 2006

Hi

A client sent me a project in the shape of SDL edit , I downloaded SDLX but I don't nox how to use it : choose the languages , starting the translation...

could You please help me

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Oct 26, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Inga Jakobi  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Try to find a tutorial Oct 26, 2006

Hi Delphine,
I just answered to your French forum... As Trados and Transit both have tutorials where you can follow every single work steps, SDLX might have one as well. Try to find it and check it carefully. It should be sufficient for the basic functions. When it is this urgent, why didn't you ask the client if there is any manual or something like that? You seem to just have accepted the translation without having any idea about how to complete it. I downloaded SDLX Lite for a client some time ago and it was really simple and didn't require any tutorial. I never worked with SDLX but probably you will be able to handle the basic functions after only a little effort.
Inga

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Download link Oct 26, 2006

Hi Delphine,

you can download documentation for SDLX from this web site:

http://www.sdl.com/products-support-documentation-2005.htm

The manuals are for SDLX 2005 but you can also use them for 2006 since not much has changed between these two versions.

In your case,
http://www.sdl.com/files/Documentation/SDLX/2005/pdf/SDLX%202005%20-%20Edit%20Module.pdf
should be the right file to start with.

HTH

Regards,
Claudia

[Edited at 2006-10-26 07:57]

delphine_b
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 26, 2006

I want to thank all of you for your help and the tutorials

delphine

Zita Petrán
German to Hungarian
SDLX vs. TagEditor - I need a useful comparison Oct 26, 2006

Hi all!

I've never used SDLX before, but some collegues are mentioning it http://www.proz.com/post/439406#439406 as a useful thing for translate ppt-s.

Until now I used always TagEditor for that purpose, and my only problem was, that I had always count characters, in order not to write too big words for a small place on the sheet.

Now my boss asked for a prediction of time-consume in the case of ppt-s (analysis goes since an hour in Trados), that's because I became more curious, which device could be more useful with ppt-s.

Could anyone tell me his own experiences?

Kind regards
Zita

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with SDLX !

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs