cleanup alternatives in TagEditor
Thread poster: Jesus Garrido-Muro

Jesus Garrido-Muro
Local time: 10:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 26, 2006

Hello,
Iam testing the SDL Trados 7.5 demo version and I receive the error ((-2147467259): c:\Logger_Ind_Backward.txt (Access is denied
when trying to clean up a file in TagEditor. I also get the same message when I do it from WorkBench.
Anybody has encountered this problem before?If not, do you know any alternative way to clean up a TagEditor File?
Thanks in advance for your answers
Regards
Jesús

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Source format? Oct 26, 2006

Hi Jesus,
What's the source format of the files you're trying to clean up? Is the corresponding application (if any) installed on your system?

Best, Ralf

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TM bust Oct 26, 2006

Jesus Garrido-Muro wrote:
Access is denied when trying to clean up a file in TagEditor.

I have as usual no idea what the error message tries to point at but, having met before, I know of your penchant for big sweeps (the MultiTerm thing) and so: if access is only denied during -actually, before- cleanup I think you may very well have simply added too many TUs to the TM.
In the demo version I believe the max is 100.
That is: near zero.
Run Reorganise to see how many you have in there; if it’s over 100: that may be the devil this time.

Jesus Garrido-Muro
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cleanup alternatives in TagEditor" Oct 27, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Jesus,
What's the source format of the files you're trying to clean up? Is the corresponding application (if any) installed on your system?

Best, Ralf

Ralf,

thank you for your answer. Source format is an xml interchange format from InDesign (CS2 I believe) and I don't have InDesign installed in my system. Do you reckon that might be the problem?

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not sure... Oct 27, 2006

...as I haven't worked with InDesign files as yet, I'm not familiar with the related process flow.

Does the same problem occur when you try to save as target in TagEditor?

Best, Ralf

Jesus Garrido-Muro
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cleanup alternatives in TagEditor Oct 27, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...as I haven't worked with InDesign files as yet, I'm not familiar with the related process flow.

Does the same problem occur when you try to save as target in TagEditor?

Best, Ralf

yes, actually it gives exactly the same error when using the Save target As option. I will try to install a demo version of InDesign if available and see what happens.
As Saitch was suggesting (and thank you for your answer), it might as well be a problem with he size of the document and WorkBench or TagEditor not accepting that size in the demo Version.
I will ask my client to send me a very reduced document (we're running a series of tests) and see if it works
I will keep you posted

Thank you again for your answers and have a great day!

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
InDesign quote Oct 27, 2006

Source format is an xml interchange format from InDesign (CS2 I believe) and I don't have InDesign installed in my system. Do you reckon that might be the problem?

Yes, that too (apart from size).
Here's a quote from the manual:
"Files from earlier versions of InDesign (InDesign 2 and InDesign CS) have to be prepared for translation using the Story Collector for InDesign.
Files from the most recent version of InDesign (CS2) can be exported to the InDesign Interchange Format (INX) and opened directly in TagEditor."

Jesus Garrido-Muro
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
cleanup alternatives in TagEditor Oct 31, 2006

[quote]saitch wrote:

Source format is an xml interchange format from InDesign (CS2 I believe) and I don't have InDesign installed in my system. Do you reckon that might be the problem?

Yes, that too (apart from size).

My client reduzed the size of a file to test and it worked. It was again a size problem due to the fact that I was using the demo version of Trados.

Thank you again
regards
Jesús

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cleanup alternatives in TagEditor

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs