https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/58820-ttx_language_does_not_match_the_workbenchs_language.html

TTX language does not match the workbenchs language
Thread poster: hatipovic
hatipovic
hatipovic
Local time: 04:21
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2006

Hello,
I use TRADOS 6.5 Freelance with TagEditor Version 6.5.5.438. Ok, I got one ttx file from our client. The task is to translate from german to serbian. So I opened up the workbench and created a brand new translation memory with the translation direction German -> Serbian. Ok, then I open up the ttx file and get the following error:
... See more
Hello,
I use TRADOS 6.5 Freelance with TagEditor Version 6.5.5.438. Ok, I got one ttx file from our client. The task is to translate from german to serbian. So I opened up the workbench and created a brand new translation memory with the translation direction German -> Serbian. Ok, then I open up the ttx file and get the following error:
http://www.kancelarijahatipovic.com/images/tradosProblem.JPG

Really I dont know what to do, the languages I set up in the TM are correct...

So, what to do?

Regards,
Mirza
Collapse

Cecilia Falk
Cecilia Falk  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
Check languages in the TTX file Nov 1, 2006

Hello,
The same thing happened to me recently. It turned out that the TTX file was prepared for the wrong language combination by the client.
Look at the flags at the bottom to see what languages has been used when creating the TTX file.
If the wrong language combination has been used you should tell the client this and ask them to supply a new file.

Best regards,
Cecilia

[Edited at 2006-11-01 13:05]

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Open the TTX in Notepad Nov 1, 2006

change the language codes (they are at the beginning of the file, and only once) to the corresponding pair you need and that´s all.

Best
Jerzy

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
bratstvo i jedinstvo naroda Jugoslavije Nov 1, 2006

could just as well be that you have serbocroatian vs serbian.

sigh

Suggest you do what Jerzi said. Create something in your TM, export it and then compare with what TMX is saying in the target language tag.

sve najbolje, Mirza

[Edited at 2006-11-01 20:56]

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTX language does not match the workbenchs language Nov 2, 2006

You can open the TTX file with notepad, look for languages codes and change them. Then, save them.

But opening TTX files with Notepad is dangerous. You must be very careful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX language does not match the workbenchs language

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »