Mobile menu

Trados reviels Tags
Thread poster: hatipovic
Local time: 15:08
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Nov 5, 2006

take a look at this picture:
In the translation document, after one error in Trados, the tags and the translation options are revieled and I cannot work further.
How do I restore the typical style of Trados?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Simple way out of it Nov 5, 2006

First of all, if the segments show this or not, makes no difference to TRADOS - the reason, it refuses to work, must be somewhere else.

First, how to get back the "normal" display

1. go to Tools/Options
2. in the tabbed window that opens, you have the field "Hidden text" checked. Tick it off.

Moral of the story: the source part of the segment is always there - as hidden. You can see then everything if you check this box. And sometimes TRADOS does it - because we did something stupid, like delete one of those {0gt; delimiters for instance.

Which is very probably your case. Do the following:

1. Open TRADOS menu entry
2. Click repair document (or use accelerator ctrl+alt+U)

You may end up losing the last segment you have started to translate, but then the rest should be OK.

Then hit the save button (g).

[Edited at 2006-11-05 20:10]

German to Bosnian
+ ...
danke! Nov 5, 2006

Thanks, this really helped me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados reviels Tags

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs