Mobile menu

URGENT - How to convert ITD file under SDLX 2003 to Powerpoint?
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex
Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:31
English to German
+ ...
Nov 6, 2006

Hello,

I nhave translated a Powerpoint file with SDLX 2003.

When I try to re-convert the ITD file again to PPT (via exporting through the project Wizard), I get anything (xml or whatever format which I am not familiar with).

Why isn't the file simply converted again to Powerpoint and what to do?

Thanks to all

Steffen

Direct link Reply with quote

Mocanuk
Local time: 08:31
English to French
Conversion of an itd to powerpoint Nov 6, 2006

Hello,

In order to convert an itd back to PowerPoint, you need to make sure that the original PowerPoint file is in the same folder as your itd file.
You won't be able to convert the itd if you don't have the .PPT file in the same folder.

With your itd open, simply click the translation preview button (an eye with an arrow underneath) in the tool bar, and you should get your translated ppt.

Hope this helps

N.

Steffen Pollex  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:31
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, nrob!!!! Nov 6, 2006

Though too late for this time - I have already refused the job - I will now know how to efficiently handle these things in the future.

Regards
Steffen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - How to convert ITD file under SDLX 2003 to Powerpoint?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs