Carlos Alvarez
Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:36
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2006

I have been using Trados since February but it has now suddenly decided to tell me "Translation memory too large for demo". I have the full, paid-for version, and the translation memory is tiny.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-11-11 18:24]

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:36
English to French
+ ...
You need to have Trados map to the license file Nov 11, 2006

This has been discussed many times recently - it seems somehow Trados frequently loses the link with the license file.

This is what you have to do to get things back to normal again:

- Open the licence manager (you should find it in the SDL International program group in your Start menu)
- Locate your licence.lic file (it's a notepad file). Take note of the path leading to it (mine is in the Trados program folder - can't lose it there)

Here is what SD
... See more
This has been discussed many times recently - it seems somehow Trados frequently loses the link with the license file.

This is what you have to do to get things back to normal again:

- Open the licence manager (you should find it in the SDL International program group in your Start menu)
- Locate your licence.lic file (it's a notepad file). Take note of the path leading to it (mine is in the Trados program folder - can't lose it there)

Here is what SDL tells you to do from here on:

- Click the Change the license location radio button on the SDL License Manager dialog box.

- Click the Go button. The Change License Locations and Test Files dialog is displayed.

- Click the Add button or select a license file location and click the Edit button. The Specify SDL FLEXlm License Location dialog is displayed.

Under SDL FLEXlm License Location, specify new or edit existing license file details as follows:

If you are using a node-locked license, select the second option and then click Browse to locate and select the license file (*.lic).

If you have multiple applications on the same computer, and have many associated license files in one folder, select the third option and click Browse to locate and select the folder. we recommend keeping all license files in one central folder.

Click OK to confirm and close the Specify SDL FLEXlm License Location dialog box and return to the SDL SDL License Manager dialog box, where the updated license file details are displayed.

The next step is to test the license to verify the details you specified are correct. Once tested, the updated license file details are stored in the registry of your computer and used automatically each time you run your SDL Trados software.

This should do the trick.

Finally, to avoid having to go through this again, make sure to keep your license file in a designated place on your computer and to never move it (if you uninstall a program the folder of which contains your licence, you can very well end up deleting your license).

All the best!
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 19:36
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I suggest you check in your Workbench Nov 11, 2006

in Help>About what it tells you about your licence- maybe the licence file has been moved or your Trados has somewhat lost knowledge about it- in that case click on Licence Manager button in the same window and point to the (locate it) licence location in the next ones.

HTH,

Uldis

Carlos Alvarez wrote:

I have been using Trados since February but it has now suddenly decided to tell me "Translation memory too large for demo". I have the full, paid-for version, and the translation memory is tiny.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:36
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Nov 11, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006 - "TM too large for demo"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »