Need a sample termbase ENFR - MultiTerm
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:26
English to French
+ ...
Nov 12, 2006

Hello dear colleagues,

I am not very lucky... I wanted to finally start using MultiTerm - and when I followed the tutorial, I couldn't find the samples they are referring to. The tutorial gives me the path to the files I need, but when I follow them - there's nothing even similar to those files. Seems like I just don't have the samples.

Being a person who learns easily by doing - as opposed to people who need to use tutorials and courses - I don't mind skipping the tutorial and just using a sample termbase to experiment with. But I don't have one. And the MultiTerm interface is soooo complicated with such obscure terms that I am unable to create a termbase. Every time I try, the result is very far from what I'm trying to do and I don't know why because I can't examine an actual termbase and its properties to establish the link between parameters and end result.

Would any of you be so kind as to provide me with a sample termbase, EN>FR or FR>EN? It can be very small, doesn't have to be subject-specific (I am not going to use it for work, only to study it) but it would help if it had many different fields in it so I can understand how those work.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need a sample termbase ENFR - MultiTerm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs