Mobile menu

Error when opening .ppt.ttx files in TagEditor
Thread poster: Conroy Fritz

Conroy Fritz  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:06
Member (2004)
German to English
Nov 14, 2006

An agency would like me to translate two files in TagEditor that have a .ppt.ttx suffix. When I try to open the files, I receive the following error:

(40007) Error reading TTX file header: Invalid document structure

I have successfully opened .xls files using TagEditor, so I'm a bit puzzled as to why I'm receiving an error for these PowerPoint files. I use Trados 6.5 and Microsoft Office 2000. Thanks in advance for any info.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:06
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which version of Trados and Powerpoint is your customer using? Nov 14, 2006

Because most probably these are version incompatibilities.
Ask for the original PPT file and open this instead.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Nov 14, 2006 SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jerzy is right Nov 15, 2006

Most probably, the client created these TTX files with a more recent version of Trados than yours.

As he said, the easiest way to solve this is to ask for the original files.

One complication could be if the client pretranslated the TTX files. In that case you would have to ask for a TM export or similar to benefit from the matches.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when opening .ppt.ttx files in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs