Need help:Trados dropdown menu in Word not working
Thread poster: Cort Rosebro

Cort Rosebro  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:53
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

I cannot get the Trados dropdown menu on the Word (2003) menu bar to work. This is a real problem when I am prompted to click on "Fix Document" and I cannot. I tried a Trados repair reinstallation to no effect.

Another quirk that appears is that there are two Flagmen in the toolbar, two Trados positions on the menu bar and sometimes two Trados toolbars. I do not know whether or not these two problems are related, but I would guess that they are.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 19:53
Spanish to French
+ ...
TRADOS templates Nov 17, 2006

Hi,

Have you looked at your Word templates, see if maybe you had the TRADOS template added twice?

Cort Rosebro  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:53
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it resolved Nov 18, 2006

nico95 wrote:

Hi,

Have you looked at your Word templates, see if maybe you had the TRADOS template added twice?

Fortunately, I was able to fix everything by deleting all of the Trados7 templates on the hard drive, uninstalling, then reinstalling Trados. Nevertheless, thanks for your response.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help:Trados dropdown menu in Word not working

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs