https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/59947-need_help%3Atrados_dropdown_menu_in_word_not_working.html

Need help:Trados dropdown menu in Word not working
Thread poster: Cort Rosebro
Cort Rosebro
Cort Rosebro  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 17, 2006

I cannot get the Trados dropdown menu on the Word (2003) menu bar to work. This is a real problem when I am prompted to click on "Fix Document" and I cannot. I tried a Trados repair reinstallation to no effect.

Another quirk that appears is that there are two Flagmen in the toolbar, two Trados positions on the menu bar and sometimes two Trados toolbars. I do not know whether or not these two problems are related, but I would guess that they are.

Any help here would be m
... See more
I cannot get the Trados dropdown menu on the Word (2003) menu bar to work. This is a real problem when I am prompted to click on "Fix Document" and I cannot. I tried a Trados repair reinstallation to no effect.

Another quirk that appears is that there are two Flagmen in the toolbar, two Trados positions on the menu bar and sometimes two Trados toolbars. I do not know whether or not these two problems are related, but I would guess that they are.

Any help here would be much appreciated.
Collapse

Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:02
Spanish to French
+ ...
TRADOS templates Nov 17, 2006

Hi,

Have you looked at your Word templates, see if maybe you had the TRADOS template added twice?

Cort Rosebro
Cort Rosebro  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:02
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got it resolved Nov 18, 2006

nico95 wrote:

Hi,

Have you looked at your Word templates, see if maybe you had the TRADOS template added twice?

Fortunately, I was able to fix everything by deleting all of the Trados7 templates on the hard drive, uninstalling, then reinstalling Trados. Nevertheless, thanks for your response.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help:Trados dropdown menu in Word not working

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »