https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/59991-format_not_recognised_while_loading_external_database_into_multiterm_7.html

format not recognised while loading external database into Multiterm 7
Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 18, 2006

Hello everyone!

I am trying to load an external database (.mdb) that my client sent me to work with into Multiterm 7, but I keep getting a message that states that this database format is not recognized, anyone knows how to solve this? I have downloaded the database again from my client's ftp but I keep getting the same message.

Thank you!

Herminia

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
no good trying Nov 19, 2006

An MDB is the ‘master database’ that controls or arranges all local termbases on the disk. What you need is the exported XML from an individual termbase (not the master) and its termbase definition (XDT) from which to recreate the termbase you are supposed to use.

Hi thee Hi.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Have you tried the proper command? Nov 19, 2006

This would be the "Load externat termbase" from the menu "Termbank" - it points to MDB...

This should work, unless the database itself is not suitable.

Regards
Jerzy

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny
Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 19, 2006

Yes, I was instructed to use the "load external database" and whwn I try to do so is when I get the error message about the unrecognized format.

I think it is a problem os the file, since I haven't had any problems with the rest of mdb files that the same client sent me and applying the same process to include them in Multiterm 7.

Thank you anyway

Herminia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

format not recognised while loading external database into Multiterm 7

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »