Multiterm 5.5 - export definition
Thread poster: woodstar

woodstar  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:39
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 22, 2006

I have a multiterm database for Multiterm 5.5 and need to export it to a text file. I want to export the entire database, but am unsure how to set up the export definition. Anyone who could give me some step-by-step instructions for this?

The visible fields in Multiterm are Entry Number, Product, Entry Type, English and Swedish. This is a one-language database only.

I have experimented and got some results, but not satisfactorily.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Silvia Oviedo Lopez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
try running the default export definition Nov 28, 2006

If you want to export all of the entries, try running the default export def.
(Termbase>Export Entries>select Default export definition>Process>Follow the steps in the export wizard.
If you want to create your own export definition you've got two options: creating one from scratch (with the export def wizard) - Termbase>Export Entries>Create; or saving the default one and then editing (Select the default one, click on Save, Load it from the location where you saved it with a different name, select it and then click on edit - the export def wizard will appear).
I hope this helps you. What I use is MultiTerm7.

In case I haven't understood your question and what you want is your whole term base into a text file (.doc? - just guessing), check the Word toolbar section on the user guide. It allows you to print your whole termbase dictionary-like in a microsoft word document.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 5.5 - export definition

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs