unable to open segment
Thread poster: Antonio Saiz García

Antonio Saiz García
Local time: 00:59
English to Spanish
Nov 25, 2006

I try to open a new segment and i can´t it says: "Translation unit seems to be open. Close it before you open a new one."
aparently all segments are closed. but, anyway, I order it to close and visual basic pops up to tell me that there is an error "5"

any ideas of what is happening here?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Use the fix document (Alt+Ctrl+U) command Nov 26, 2006

I try to open a new segment and i can´t it says: "Translation unit seems to be open. Close it before you open a new one."

Somehow - and it happens to all of us - a segment was not closed properly or the TRADOS brackets got misplaced, but it's nothing that this command would not fix. Of course you will have to fix the broken segment.

When worse comes to worst you can always take the original text and pretranslate it up to the point where the problem surfaced.

Regards

smo

Antonio Saiz García
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Nov 26, 2006

I followed your hints and I solved the problem.
Thank you for your time.
antonio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unable to open segment

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs