Thread poster: Natalia Kreczmar
Natalia Kreczmar
Natalia Kreczmar
Local time: 13:16
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2006

Hello,
I am using in 6.5 a translation memory created in 7.0 TRADOS freelance. When I moved it to my other computer (the one with 6.5) suddenly when there is a TM match, the polish text appears without polish signs (diacritical marks). I suspect there is a simple trick or an option to mark to make it work, but please help!

Piotr Rypalski
Piotr Rypalski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
If "without" means that you have strange symbols instead of Polish characters... Nov 27, 2006

... then my post from long ago may be of some help (the summary of my favourite solution to the problem - in Polish):

http://www.proz.com/topic/26558?post_id=182644

Best,
P.

[Edited at 2006-11-27 17:58]

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Trados 6 TM not compatible with Trados 7 Nov 28, 2006

Natalia Kreczmar wrote:
I am using in 6.5 a translation memory created in 7.0 TRADOS freelance.

This is the key to your problem, Natalia:
A TM created in Trados 7 is not backwards compatible!

If you need to use a TM in more than one version, you should create that TM in 6.5 instead, which is forwards compatible.

In this situation, you'd have to export the TM segments in txt format (legacy Trados 2.x-6.x). Move to Trados 6.5, create an empty TM, and import the txt file.

That should do it...

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 6.5 to 7.0 - problem with Polish signs

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »