Thread poster: marie-christine périé

marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:58
English to French
+ ...
Nov 29, 2006

Hello!
It's all in the title. I have SDL Trados 7.5. It's the 1st time I decided to translate a .ppt file in TagEditor. Everything went out fine, except only one slide (out of 3 - and it's the middle one) had opened in TagEditor! I finished translating, saved it, then I was able to open the translated file in .ppt, but of course only one slide is translated.
I had a look at the other topics in the fora, the only relevant thing I could find was about embedded text not showing, but this it not the case here.
Does any one know what's the matter?
Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Can you copy and paste the contents of the other slides? Nov 29, 2006

Hi Marie-Christine,
Can you actually access the two other slides?
My suspicion is that the content shown might be in graphics, in which case you cannot edit them (and TE treats them as not containing any translatable text).

Best regards,
Ralf

marie-christine périé  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The three slides are similar Nov 29, 2006

Thanks, Ralph, that was so quick!
I have no problem accessing the other slides in PowerPoint. They don't include any graphics, only text boxes, just like the slide that opens all right!

Pamela Brizzola  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
English to Italian
+ ...
Problem only during preview Dec 3, 2006

The problem is only when you Preview the file while working. However, if you finish your translation and then clic on Save Target As, it will take some time but the final translated PP presentation is created.
Pamela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On opening a .ppt file in TagEditor, only one slide showing

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs