Almir Comor MITI  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 12:53
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2006

Hi,

I'm new to Trados (used Wordfast before) and am having problems with MultiTerm. I've got SDL Trados 2006 Freelance (7.5.0.756 - Build 756), MultiTerm 7 (7.1.0.361 - Build 361), MS
Windows XP and MS Office 2000.

I'm having problems with MultiTerm in that I cannot create a termbase. I get two kind of messages. The first one is:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Expr 1003'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

This message appears after I select "Create Termbase" in the "Termbase" menu and select the location for the termbase.

When I try to create the termbase again after this message, I manage to go through the whole wizard and reach the final step (Wizard Complete), but when I click on the "Finish" button I get the following message:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'ID'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

I've tried using the sample termbase, to no avail. I've tried updating MS Jet engine, but get the message I have the most up-to-date version. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling MS .Net framework 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 (currently I have only 2.0 installed), also tried uninstalling Multiterm and reinstalling it. No result.

Tried searching translationzone knowledgebase and other sources, but couldn't find anything resembling this
situation.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Could anyone guess what could be the cause of such beavior? Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
my jet engine is vintage 2003 Dec 2, 2006

... save for this I se no possible source of troubles.

Suggestion: use demo examples from trados to avoid home-made errors. If the TRADOS examples do not work, then there's not need to try your own.

s,p

xxxdikran d  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:53
French to Turkish
+ ...
I have the same problem Dec 3, 2006

I'm having problems with MultiTerm in that I cannot create a termbase. I get two kind of messages. The first one is:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'Expr 1003'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

This message appears after I select "Create Termbase" in the "Termbase" menu and select the location for the termbase.

When I try to create the termbase again after this message, I manage to go through the whole wizard and reach the final step (Wizard Complete), but when I click on the "Finish" button I get the following message:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'ID'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

Almir Comor MITI  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
contacted trados support Dec 5, 2006

thanks for the suggestion, vito...

have contacted trados support who will hopefully have a suggestion other than formatting the HDD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7 cannot create a termbase

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs