Replacing letters in a TM
Thread poster: Dan Marasescu

Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:33
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

MS recently released an update to correct some Romanian characters (with different Unicode codes) which were not included in the Times New Roman and Arial fonts. Everything is fine, but I now have the problem of having to replace the old characters with new ones in the old Trados TMs and I wonder whether there is an easy way to do it. The only solution I could think of was to export the TM in txt format, open it in Word, replace the characters and then importing it again.

Is there an easier way to do that in the TMW or in the TMX files?

Many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:33
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
TMX is not much different from txt Dec 4, 2006

TMX on its own is also just text format. The only advantage is it's ability to retain formatting information.

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:33
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Maintenance in WB Dec 4, 2006

Try the maintenance function. It allows you to do SR in the TM. Export a copy of the TM first to be on the safe side.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Replacing letters in a TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs