Thread poster: Vauwe
Vauwe
Vauwe
Local time: 14:55
English to German
+ ...
Dec 4, 2006

Hello to all Quark experts,

I have xtg files created with Quark 6 for MAC.
I have Trados 6.5 and 7.5 but in neither version I can open the xtg.
I get error message 35017 invalid token in line 1.
Where do I go wrong? Incompatible Trados versions? Missing ini files? Corrupted xtg files?

TIA

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
How these files were created? Dec 5, 2006

How these xtg files were created?

Wojciech

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 06:55
English to Spanish
You will... Dec 5, 2006

The .xtg files have to be converted to RTF by means of ITP Filter Pack, so you can start working on the files. Once the RTF files are fully translated, the RTF files are to be converted back to .xtg using the ITP Filter Pack (to be able to reimport to QuarkXpress.)

ITP Filter Pack comes with your Trados 7.5 version. I have Trados 6.5 which doesn't, so, last year I downloaded the ITP Filter Pack for Html, Ventura, PageMaker and QuarkXPress files free of charge from the Trados Website
... See more
The .xtg files have to be converted to RTF by means of ITP Filter Pack, so you can start working on the files. Once the RTF files are fully translated, the RTF files are to be converted back to .xtg using the ITP Filter Pack (to be able to reimport to QuarkXpress.)

ITP Filter Pack comes with your Trados 7.5 version. I have Trados 6.5 which doesn't, so, last year I downloaded the ITP Filter Pack for Html, Ventura, PageMaker and QuarkXPress files free of charge from the Trados Website (but I can't find it now!) If you wish, I can send the program to you via email.

Luck,
Tadzio.
Collapse

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still lost Dec 5, 2006

Hello Wojciech, I don't know exactly how the files were created. They were created on a Mac with QuarkXP 6 and converted with SDLxtract. Then I got the XTGs in order to translate them and deliver bilingual ttx and cleaned xtg.

Hello Tadzio, I neither see the ITP Filter Pack my Trados 7.5 nor on the SDL page. Converting the files further to rtf means xtg is no ready-to-use-format in Trados?

Wojciech Froelich
Poland
English to Polish
SDLXtract? Dec 5, 2006

You cannot open SDLXtract exports directly in TagEditor. You need XTG files exported from QXP files with CopyFlow (AFAIK this is the only Mac tool that will produce Trados-compatible output).

Wojciech

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do have xtg files Dec 5, 2006

You wrote
>You need XTG files exported from QXP files with CopyFlow

I do have XTG files and normally they should open in TagEditor, but in this case they don't

Wojciech Froelich
Poland
English to Polish
It's only file extension. Dec 5, 2006

It's only file extension. XTG files coming from SDLXtract are not compatible (at least directly) with TagEditor. You can process them in SDLX (Xpress Tags filter, remember to check UTF-8 checkbox in Project Wizard), but they are not the same XTG files you can see in TE on the list of supported file formats.

Wojciech

Vauwe
Vauwe
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FYI Dec 5, 2006

In the end the agency gave me the files converted to ttx so that they opened in TagEditor.
Thanks for your answers and hints and suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open Quark xtg files

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »