Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Error installing Trados 7.5 .net framework needed?
Thread poster: Mihailolja
Janne Ulvinen
Janne Ulvinen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:15
English to Finnish
+ ...
Saved by the bell... Feb 12, 2007

I finally managed to find a solution - apparently such a simple one that it won't be useful for everyone.

It seems that "program control" features of either F-Secure Anti-Virus 2007 or Windows Defender were messing with the installation.

I unplugged the network cable and killed all F-Secure AV's processes and closed Windows Defender. It worked. Perhaps you could try something similar? Maybe booting in Safe Mode (press F8 as the computer starts) first etc.? At least try
... See more
I finally managed to find a solution - apparently such a simple one that it won't be useful for everyone.

It seems that "program control" features of either F-Secure Anti-Virus 2007 or Windows Defender were messing with the installation.

I unplugged the network cable and killed all F-Secure AV's processes and closed Windows Defender. It worked. Perhaps you could try something similar? Maybe booting in Safe Mode (press F8 as the computer starts) first etc.? At least try unplugging the network cable and shutting down all antivirus applications, spyware scanners and such.

I also noticed that Trados 6.5's installation packages include .NET Framework installers, you could try installing them from there as well (after removing .NET Framework applications from Add/Remove Programs).
Collapse

Mihailolja
Mihailolja
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:15
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
well, well Feb 15, 2007

Will definitely have a go as I have f-secure installed also!

thanks

Mihailo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error installing Trados 7.5 .net framework needed?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »