Mobile menu

"Restore" macro lost in SDL Trados 2006 (working with MS Word)
Thread poster: Ruth Wiedekind

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 9, 2006

Question to expert colleagues:

I lost/deleted(?) the Trados RestoreSource macro (in Word), by a hazard, which allows e.g. to convert a sentence to source text from an erroneously opened segment.
Is there any chance to "restore" that macro? Or do I have to install Trados for new?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
what about restoring TRADOS installation? Dec 10, 2006

Restore option on software installations fixes broken files, so that should do it.

Otoh I would assume, its not the code itself, thats lost - that would mean you have deleted parts of TRADOS7.dot, which is rather improbable. You can restore its icon to it by finding the macro - sorry, German Word - in Extras/Anpassen/Macros /TemplateProject.tw4winRestoreSource.Main and drag the entry to an iconbar.

Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi, Vito. I restored the icon, but it does not work either. Dec 10, 2006

It must have something to do with the macros organization!

If I go to Extras / Makro / Makros (Makros in allen aktiven...) / Organisieren, the relevant macro shows up under "Makroprojektelemente" (for Dokument 1 and Normal.dot). I could send you a screenshot, if I had an e-mail address.

Unfortunately I nearly know nothing about macros, that's why, one day, the "accident" happened... And I have no idea, how to go on / where to put that macro so that it works! Or do I just have to restart?

I have never seen that Software restore option, but it seems to me that it should not be of any use in this case - if I am not mistaken.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Restore" macro lost in SDL Trados 2006 (working with MS Word)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs