Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:33
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2006

Hi.

I was using Tag Editor with no problem and I think I clicked on something or who knows what because now my Workbench toolbar is gone. I've checked under View>Toolbars and in theory it's there (all the others are showing with no problem). I uncheck it, and no change. I check it, and it doesn't show up. I rebooted, and nothing happens. I can see the Workbench toolbar in Word ...
(I've got Workbench open... no problem.)

No clue. I'm using Tag Editor 6.5. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:33
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Have you by chance moved the oolbar somwhere? Dec 10, 2006

Maybe you maximize the Tageditor window and it will appear somwhere...

Nevertheless, instead of using this toobar, use keyboard shortcuts. This will make your work much easier and faster.

If you desperatedly need this toolbar and cannot find it, close Tageditor.
Run "regedit" (go to Start, chose "Run" from there, type "regedit" in the opening window). Be extremly carefull when editing the registry.
Click on the plus sign besige HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Scroll down to Software, click the plus sign beside it, scroll down to Trados. Right click on Tagedditor (the path is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TRADOS\TagEditor) and select "Rename". Put "_TagEditor" there (simply place an underliner in front of the word "TagEditor").
Repeat this procedure for the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TRADOS\TagEditor.

Restart Tageditor - everything should be now set to default, so you will need to restore your individuall settings.

Once again: do not play with registry, just follow exactly the steps above! In case of emergency you can rename the entries back to what they were!

Regards
Jerzy

Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 10, 2006

Thanks a bunch. It worked.

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Jerzy once again to the rescue Aug 15, 2007

A forum search found this thread, which helped me too.

Thanks Jerzy!

Nancy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench Toolbar Not Showing in Tag Editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs