Mobile menu

Translating .doc files with TagEditor: Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.
Thread poster: Maciej Pomorski
Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:01
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2006

Hello everybody,

I got recently a word to translate which has many text fields which are difficult to translate with Trados within Word. I thought it might be a good idea to try the new functionality of TagEditor in Trados SDL 2006 which allows to translate .doc files within TagEditor. Everything seemed to work until I tried to clean up the .ttx file. I got the message "Unexpected error using plug-in file filter" and the file was skipped.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Maciej.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:01
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Run the Tagverifier on your file Dec 12, 2006

If this does not help, open the original file in Word, check if there are any manual page and section breaks. If you find any, check if they are preceeded by a paragraph mark. This is a MUST! You can remove those paragraph marks if necessary after you have saved your doc from ttx.
Save the Word file in the latest Word version. Set the compatibility modus (Tools - Options) to your Word version. Switch SmartTags off.
Recreate the ttx from this modified Word file. Translate it using your TM. Do not clean-up the file, but use the "Save target as..." function from Tageditor.

This should solve your problems.

Regards
Jerzy

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .doc files with TagEditor: Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs