Mobile menu

Translating .doc files with TagEditor: Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.
Thread poster: Maciej Pomorski
Maciej Pomorski  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:35
Member (2005)
German to Polish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2006

Hello everybody,

I got recently a word to translate which has many text fields which are difficult to translate with Trados within Word. I thought it might be a good idea to try the new functionality of TagEditor in Trados SDL 2006 which allows to translate .doc files within TagEditor. Everything seemed to work until I tried to clean up the .ttx file. I got the message "Unexpected error using plug-in file filter" and the file was skipped.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:35
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Run the Tagverifier on your file Dec 12, 2006

If this does not help, open the original file in Word, check if there are any manual page and section breaks. If you find any, check if they are preceeded by a paragraph mark. This is a MUST! You can remove those paragraph marks if necessary after you have saved your doc from ttx.
Save the Word file in the latest Word version. Set the compatibility modus (Tools - Options) to your Word version. Switch SmartTags off.
Recreate the ttx from this modified Word file. Translate it using your TM. Do not clean-up the file, but use the "Save target as..." function from Tageditor.

This should solve your problems.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .doc files with TagEditor: Unexpected error using plug-in file filter.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs