AlexRocco
Local time: 20:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2006

Dear colleagues

When I try to open a segment in the text I get this message below:

"Outdated template TW4win2k.dot or earlier. Please use current version."

I have tried to apply the instructions available but I simply can´t find this file in the PC.

My Trados version is 5Freelance and Word is 2003.

Can anyone help me on that?

Thank you in advance and regards

Alexandra Rocco

Nicole Martin
Nicole Martin
Local time: 15:23
German to English
Trados 5 not compatible with Word 2003 Dec 13, 2006

I use Trados 5.5. here at work, and over the summer, my computer was upgrated and I switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP (including the 2003 versions of the Office programs).

I had the same problem, and it turns out Trados 5/5.5 is not compatible with the more recent versions of Word. I had to have Word 2000 re-installed so I could use Trados. Even if you did the find the template (which I did in my case), it still doesn't work.

I have heard it's possible to have bo
... See more
I use Trados 5.5. here at work, and over the summer, my computer was upgrated and I switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP (including the 2003 versions of the Office programs).

I had the same problem, and it turns out Trados 5/5.5 is not compatible with the more recent versions of Word. I had to have Word 2000 re-installed so I could use Trados. Even if you did the find the template (which I did in my case), it still doesn't work.

I have heard it's possible to have both Word 2000 and 2003 installed at the same time, but the IT department was concerned that might be unstable or not safe. So I'm stuck with Word 2000 and 2003 versions of all the other programs (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.).

When this happened to me, I researched the problem at the Trados website, but they don't have a solution or workaround. They just say to use Word 2000.

[Edited at 2006-12-13 14:42]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening segment: TW4win2k.dot message

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »