AlexRocco
Local time: 08:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 13, 2006

Dear colleagues

When I try to open a segment in the text I get this message below:

"Outdated template TW4win2k.dot or earlier. Please use current version."

I have tried to apply the instructions available but I simply can´t find this file in the PC.

My Trados version is 5Freelance and Word is 2003.

Can anyone help me on that?

Thank you in advance and regards

Alexandra Rocco

Direct link Reply with quote

Nicole Martin
Local time: 03:05
German to English
Trados 5 not compatible with Word 2003 Dec 13, 2006

I use Trados 5.5. here at work, and over the summer, my computer was upgrated and I switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP (including the 2003 versions of the Office programs).

I had the same problem, and it turns out Trados 5/5.5 is not compatible with the more recent versions of Word. I had to have Word 2000 re-installed so I could use Trados. Even if you did the find the template (which I did in my case), it still doesn't work.

I have heard it's possible to have both Word 2000 and 2003 installed at the same time, but the IT department was concerned that might be unstable or not safe. So I'm stuck with Word 2000 and 2003 versions of all the other programs (Powerpoint, Excel, etc.).

When this happened to me, I researched the problem at the Trados website, but they don't have a solution or workaround. They just say to use Word 2000.

[Edited at 2006-12-13 14:42]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening segment: TW4win2k.dot message

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs