Context penalty in SDLX 2006
Thread poster: Anne Moses
Anne Moses  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:11
English to German
Dec 14, 2006

Hi all,

I am wondering whether anyone knows how the context penalty works in SDLX 2006? My problem is that my TM contains source segments for which multiple translations exist. Depending on the context, a term needs to be translated (e.g. in a table heading) or should stay untranslated (e.g. a parameter name). I have set the context penalty in SDLX to 1% but when applying the TM SDLX still grabs the next-best translation and displays it as a 100% match (instead of 99%). I am translating FM/MIF files and I am wondering whether this has anything to do with the way the FM tags have been defined in the source document. Can anyone help or point me into the right direction?

Many thanks,

Anne

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context penalty in SDLX 2006

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs