Context penalty in SDLX 2006
Thread poster: Anne Moses
Anne Moses  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:45
English to German
Dec 14, 2006

Hi all,

I am wondering whether anyone knows how the context penalty works in SDLX 2006? My problem is that my TM contains source segments for which multiple translations exist. Depending on the context, a term needs to be translated (e.g. in a table heading) or should stay untranslated (e.g. a parameter name). I have set the context penalty in SDLX to 1% but when applying the TM SDLX still grabs the next-best translation and displays it as a 100% match (instead of 99%). I am translating FM/MIF files and I am wondering whether this has anything to do with the way the FM tags have been defined in the source document. Can anyone help or point me into the right direction?

Many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context penalty in SDLX 2006

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs