Thread poster: Hena Syed
Hena Syed
Hena Syed
Local time: 15:33
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2006

Hi,

I am new to Trados and I don't know too much about how to use the tool. I've been looking at the help functionality and the tutorial that came with the software, but i am unable to find a solution to this. I am having issues with the preview function in TagEditor. I've translated my text and I was reading through it and i noticed some errors. I went back to edit mode and corrected the mistakes, closed the segment (if i can call it that), saved the file and then went back to pre
... See more
Hi,

I am new to Trados and I don't know too much about how to use the tool. I've been looking at the help functionality and the tutorial that came with the software, but i am unable to find a solution to this. I am having issues with the preview function in TagEditor. I've translated my text and I was reading through it and i noticed some errors. I went back to edit mode and corrected the mistakes, closed the segment (if i can call it that), saved the file and then went back to preview mode again. The changes i made have not been update in the preview. I even tried restarting the application, but it doesn't seem to update the text. Is this a bug in the software, or do i manually have to refresh the preview somehow? My deadline is in 3 days so i would appreciate if anyone could help me as soon as possible. Thanks!

[Edited at 2006-12-15 04:51]

[Edited at 2006-12-15 04:52]
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 22:33
German to English
+ ...
Saving Dec 15, 2006

Hello,
did you save the ttx file after making your changes ?

Best regards

Hans

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yup Dec 15, 2006

yes, i made sure to save the changes before i went to preview mode. there is no reason why it shouldn't update the changes automatically, right?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2006-12-15 14:03]

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Related to Trados Workbench Dec 15, 2006

I noticed that the text that is showing in the preview is a 100% match in trados work bench. In edit mode i try to remove one word from the 100% match, close the segment, save the file and go back to preview mode. The change hasn't been made. However, when i go back to edit mode and click to open the segment, it is showing the way i want it to be, even the workbench is updated now, but the preview is still showing the translation with the word i want removed. hopes this gives you more understand... See more
I noticed that the text that is showing in the preview is a 100% match in trados work bench. In edit mode i try to remove one word from the 100% match, close the segment, save the file and go back to preview mode. The change hasn't been made. However, when i go back to edit mode and click to open the segment, it is showing the way i want it to be, even the workbench is updated now, but the preview is still showing the translation with the word i want removed. hopes this gives you more understanding of what's going on.Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 22:33
German to English
+ ...
Preview Dec 15, 2006

Hello,

maybe there is a problem in the Viewer ?
Which software do you use for the Preview ? Internet Explorer ?

Hans

Hena Syed
Hena Syed
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I use TE 7.5 for preview Dec 15, 2006

no, i use Trados TagEditor 7.5 to view the translation. I just translated another file and had to edit it, the change was updated in the preview. I think it's somehow related to what's already saved in the TM.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-15 16:50]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-12-16 00:04]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor - text not updated in preview mode

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »