A quick help on SDL Trados installation and links to past forum
Thread poster: Harry Hermawan

Harry Hermawan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
Dec 18, 2006

Hi everyone,

This ending year has been good for me at so, with a sound investment I join the TGB buy. I've looked over some basic issues concerning the tools, but I've not been able to put myself at ease not knowing what to do. I've not installed all the components from the site in my old computer yet, since I need to download large files, anyway this is what I want to know...

Will I be able to install my package with its licence for my new computer if I already installed into my old hardware? Or will need to purchase additional license? In other words, if I install my package now in my old computer will I be able to install the same package into my future computer that I'm thinking of buying in 2007? Please straight answers.

Also if you could help me with links from past forum regarding this issue on this site or other sites that could be of help. Thanks.

And, one more thing as it's nearing the end of this year, I wish everybody a good coming year and new good businesses.

“Selamat tahun baru. Semoga usaha kita semakin lancar. Buat rekan-rekan di tanah air, semoga kita bisa saling bergotong-royong dalam hal positif terutama mengenai harga yang menurut teman saya semakin menantang.”

Cheers everyone.

Direct link Reply with quote

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:15
English to Greek
+ ...
Hi Harry Dec 18, 2006

I am new to Trados (I purchased it with the previous group buy) and I downloaded it on my machine with the help of the instructions from the site. I saved my license file and the .exe files required for the installation, after reading that they are necessary if for some reason you need to re-install the software, or need to have it on a desktop computer and a laptop, on the strict understanding that you will use them only one at a time. So I imagine you can make a cd of the license and .exe files to re-install as you require - you definitely DO NOT need to buy another license!

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:15
English to Indonesian
+ ...
multiple computers Dec 18, 2006

cmiiw, you can use the license in as many computer as you like, as long as they are not connected in the same network.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A quick help on SDL Trados installation and links to past forum

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs