Problem opening TRADOS TTX files
Thread poster: dkalinic
dkalinic
Local time: 05:21
Croatian to German
+ ...
Dec 18, 2006

Hi:

When trying to open TRADOS InDesign TTX files the following message appears: Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0

I checked the Trados settings and the InDesign filter's there. Could anybody provide help?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Known issue Dec 18, 2006

Please open the ttx file in any text editor and change the name "TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0" to "TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0".
Trados has changed this between two releases, so that´s why.

When you deliver the file to your customer, change the name back to how it was before.

Regards
Jerzy

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Dec 18, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

dkalinic
Croatian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 19, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Please open the ttx file in any text editor and change the name "TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0" to "TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0".

When you deliver the file to your customer, change the name back to how it was before.

Regards
Jerzy

Thanks, Jerzy. Seems to work.

Regards
Davor

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You´re welcome Dec 19, 2006

I`m not surprised - already experienced such behaviour myself

Kind regards
Jerzy

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
ROTFLMAO Dec 19, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Another beer for you, Jerzy. I would never suspect such obvious solution.

Wojciech

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Well, me too Dec 19, 2006

would´t I have read this on the SDL Support page.
You can reach it under http://sdl.custhelp.com. It contains a quite big searchable database of possible solutions and is very helpful.

Kind regards
Jerzy

Jeremy Somerson
German to English
Fix not working Jan 11, 2007

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem - I get the error message:

"Failed to retrieve tag tooblar settings for plugin file format:
Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0"

Followed by the error message:
"Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0"

I opened the .ttx document in Notepad; the filter is already spelled with a lower-case "d". For fun, I tried it with an upper case "D" and got the same problem.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This issue is described in SDL Trados support database Jan 11, 2007

Please read this article.
If this does not work, you must have some errors more.
Maybe you should try to register your Trados applications with the corresponding "Register SDL Trados 2006 Freelance" item from Trados menu in Programs (Start-Programs-SDL International-SDL Trados 2006 Freelance).

Or are you using a previous version of Trados? If so, it won't work.

Regards
Jerzy

iamsara
English to Spanish
Solved? Feb 11, 2007

I have the same problem as Jeremy, have you solved it? Changing the capital letter does not work for me neither, using FL 7.1.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
we are not amused... Feb 11, 2007

change "TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0" to "TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0".

Jerzy keeps telling this stale joke. I'm just surprised there's still people who never heard it...

btw, looks like we got a different kind of joke on us. Can somebody with "D-or-d-no-difference" problem quote the TWB version? If it is less than 7.5, be my guest, send me the darn file and Ill see....

[Edited at 2007-02-11 21:09]

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:21
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
solved Feb 14, 2007

I had this problem today with Trados 7.5 and tried your suggestion (upper case to lower case d) and it worked!!!

Thanks a lot.

roak
United States
German to English
Doesnt work either way! ! !! Feb 20, 2007

I have FL 7.0 and the dialog box displays the message "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0"
On opening the file in NOTEPAD, I see that the letter d is already in the lower case. On trying to change it to the upper case D, the same message appears with the difference that the d in lower case is replaced by the Upper case D. So whats the way out?? Unfortunately I am unable to determine the version in which these INX.TTX files were created.

All ideas appreciated

Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
TRADOStag/FrontMatter/TTXToolSettings[@CreationToolVersion] Feb 21, 2007

roak wrote:
Unfortunately I am unable to determine the version in which these INX.TTX files were created.

You can open the TTX in any plain-text editor or any XML Editor. In the sedond line there is an element "ToolSettings". One of the attributes is called "CreationToolVersion". The attribute value gives you the version of the TagEditor which last saved the ttx file. Latest version is "7.5.0.759".
(So, actually CreationToolVersion should be LastSavedToolVersion)

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz
TRACOM OHG

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
7.1 required Feb 26, 2007

roak wrote:

I have FL 7.0 and the dialog box displays the message "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0"
On opening the file in NOTEPAD, I see that the letter d is already in the lower case. On trying to change it to the upper case D, the same message appears with the difference that the d in lower case is replaced by the Upper case D. So whats the way out?? Unfortunately I am unable to determine the version in which these INX.TTX files were created.

All ideas appreciated

Hi roak and all,

Very simple!
Trados 7.0 doesn't support INX InDesign files! So if your "smart alec" agency tried to assist you by creating TTX files from a later version of Trados, your copy of 7.0 won't recognize them!

The only solution: upgrade!
I believe it's even free of charge to go from 7.0 to 7.1...

And search the forum, I'm quite sure we're written about this specific "user error" before.

/Jan

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening TRADOS TTX files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs