Mobile menu

Problems when moving from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2006
Thread poster: tvtruc

Local time: 02:48
English to Vietnamese
Dec 19, 2006

I just upgraded from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2006 and there come some problem with the display font on the Workbench and Terms.

If I use Unicode, Vietnamese texts are displayed correctly on the Workbench. However, if I use Vietnamese font (VNArial), which sometime I have to, Vietnamese texts are not displayed properly on Workbench and Concordance windows, the texts look corrupted, but they look fine on Word. I tried to change Target default font to VNArial, but the font is no longer available on the list. Anyway to change the display font for the target text on the Workbench?

Another problem, when I get a target term from my old term base (Multiterm 7), space between the words in the term I get become double spaces.

Anyone have any idea how to fix or work around these problems, please help?

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems when moving from Trados 7 to SDL Trados 2006

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs