Multiterm Convert: Database Password Protected
Thread poster: abarbe (X)
abarbe (X)
abarbe (X)
Local time: 08:54
Dec 19, 2006

When I try to convert the .mtw file from my client into an .xml file to be able to use it in Multiterm 7, at the 4th step (4/10), I get a message saying that the database is password protected.
My client say that clicking on ok should be allright but Multiterm convert can"t go on when I click Ok because the conversion was not initialised properly. Has anyone an idea of what I can do to open this 5.5 termbase in MT 7? Has anyone had the same problem?
Thanks a bunch!

Daniel García
Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Get the password from MTW file Dec 19, 2006

I'm sure this has been posted before:

1. Open the MTW file with a text editor (UltraEdit, TextPad).
2. Look for the word "super".
3. Just in the next line you should see the password that you need to convert the termbase.

Daniel

abarbe (X)
abarbe (X)
Local time: 08:54
TOPIC STARTER
yeah! Dec 19, 2006

Thanks a lot for the tips. It did work.

Nuri Razi
Nuri Razi  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:54
Member (2008)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Yeah Daniel's tip worked!!! Dec 7, 2009

Thank you Daniel, it really worked in my case too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm Convert: Database Password Protected

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »