Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:34
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 21, 2006

Dear Collegues,

I have a problem with Multiterm 7. I have been working for a few hours now and have entered several terms into my Multiterm-Database working with Word 2003. About an hour ago, I got the message "Unknown Error" I tried again and forgot to enter the source term and then it worked. I have tried to enter the source term later using Multiterm and the message "term is blocked by another user" appeared. I have then tried to change the entry with Workbench closed, but it's always the same message. I cannot delete neither edit the entry.
There are other entries I can edit in Mulitterm, but this one no. I copied this entry and was then able to enter the source term as well (now I have two entries with the same target term - one mono- and the other one bilingual) Multiterm didn't ask if I wanted to merge...

I know that my "solution" was not very professional, but as I could edit the other entries, I didn't fear that there was really anything wrong with my database...

Now I got on working and wanted to make another entry and I keep getting "cannot add entry" (Multiterm kann den Eintrag nicht hinzufügen).
I haven't changed anything and I really wonder what this means. Has anyone an idea what I can do?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Leena

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm cannot add entry

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs