Unable to get pictures on target HTML translation
Thread poster: Paul Adie

Paul Adie  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2006

Good afternoon!

I am having trouble with translating HTML files in Trados Freelance 7. Whenever I translate a HTML file, the pictures and format does not come up on the target webpage. I am able to translate, but it just does not look the same as the source HTML file. Is there any way to correct this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:34
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
location of the target file? Dec 27, 2006

Hi Paul,

When you save your target file, do you save it at the same location as the original file? (with a different name, of course)

Otherwise the HTML code might be unable to locate the CSS (layour) and image files...

Just an idea...

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:34
Member (2004)
English to Russian
Try TagEditor Dec 29, 2006

boxoftrx wrote:

I am having trouble with translating HTML files in Trados Freelance 7.

Hi Paul,

Translator's Workbench is not the best tool for that. Try opening the file in TagEditor after pretranslating it in TWB (Menu/Tools/Translate).

But the best for translating web pages in my view is Alchemy Catalyst where you can see both files in WYSIWYG mode at the same time. Besides you can control strings' length and do many other things which you cannot do in Trados. It is rather expensive (Euro 500), but if you do web pages regularly it is worth it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to get pictures on target HTML translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs