Thread poster: david angel (X)
david angel (X)
david angel (X)
Local time: 23:53
French to English
+ ...
Dec 29, 2006

Trados 7.5
Hi. I am trying to Analyse a batch of 59 files. However, when the analysis gets nearly to the end, I receive a message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error. Program: TW4Win.exe"
So far, I've tried a) removing the file at which Analyse seems to stumble, b) reducing the number of programmes running in the background to a minimum. Neither makes any difference.
Any suggestions most gratefully received!

franksf
franksf
Chinese to English
Check the error code Dec 29, 2006

Hi.
There is usually an error code following the long error message you displayed. If the error code is R6016 there seems to be a solution by Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126709
Good luck.

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:53
Italian to English
In memoriam
Shot in the dark Dec 29, 2006

If Frank's suggestion doesn't work, you could try splitting the batch of files to analyse into two or three parts.

This message on the TW_users group:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_users/message/35025

suggests the problem may be related to the size of your current job.

FWIW

Giles

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No runtime error number Dec 29, 2006

Hi Frank. Unfortunately, the message is unspecific and gives no error number. Giles: I thought of this, but won't doing it that way (i.e., splitting into smaller batches) falsify the conclusions? Won't Analyse just deal with each batch and not relate them to each other?

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
New registration of Trados Dec 29, 2006

Hello,

maybe a problem with a process after the analyse.

Try to register Trados again.

MfG

Hnas

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Process Dec 29, 2006

Maybe that's it. I could try downloading the software again, but I'm a bit loathe. Thanks for the idea.

Giles Watson
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Hi again Dec 29, 2006

davidangel wrote:

Giles: I thought of this, but won't doing it that way (i.e., splitting into smaller batches) falsify the conclusions? Won't Analyse just deal with each batch and not relate them to each other?

It will depend on the files you are trying to analyse, of course. If you have repetitions throughout, you might miss some across the batches.

I'd still try to analyse two thirds of the files to see whether size matters, in this case at least.

Cheers,

Giles

Giles Watson
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
No need to download to register again Dec 29, 2006

davidangel wrote:

Maybe that's it. I could try downloading the software again, but I'm a bit loathe. Thanks for the idea.

You don't need to download everything to register the software, David.

Just go to C:\Programs\SDL International\SDL Trados 2006 Freelance\Register SDL Trados 2006 Freelance

HTH

Giles

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Giles Dec 29, 2006

Many thanks, Giles. I can't send you any virtual wine, but a recommendation, yes. Recioti della Valpolicella Classico 2004 Buglioni. A sweet red wine that is magnificent with soft blue cheese or baked apples. So much better than struggling with computers! Best Wishes and a Happy New Year.

david angel (X)
david angel (X)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spelling Dec 29, 2006

ReciotO. (Sorry).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analyse stopped by Runtime Error

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »