Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:46
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 3, 2007

Today I suddenly got a message using Trados SDLX 7 - I can't remember having done any alterations or what ever. Multiterm refuses to work, no drop down menus on word would open. Tried rebooting, but still all I get when I start working with WBT/Multiterm is a window that says:

Run time error '9'

Subscript out of range.

and 2 options, end or help (two others, debug and continue are not available) Help's no good, nothing comes up.

I think it has something to do with Macros, as I used to get a message about a dangerous macro and I had always to say "Ignore". Now, when I open Word/WB, I dont't get this message any more.

Any ideas???

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to replace Multiterm (and perhaps Trados) template Jan 3, 2007

with a new one from Trados installation directory.
Maybe one of them is corrupted.
You may also try to recreate your Normal.dot, as it may be corrupted also (due to macros for example). However, do not delete your Normal.dot, but rename it for example to "xNormal.dot", so you will be able to copy your macros and/or autotextes from it, if necessary.

Regards
Jerzy

Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Jerzy, Jan 3, 2007

admit, that I wasn't even able to find these two .dot files in the installation directory.
But I had another idea: before I bought this notebook, about 2-3 months ago, I used another one, were these files should not be corrupted.
Shall I try to get these files there and install them on my "new" notebook, after having renamed the old corrupted files?

Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It didn't work! Jan 3, 2007

I did what I described above, but unfortunadely it didn't work. I'm desperating, since there is soooooooooooooo much work to do!
What else could I try?
Thank you and regards,
Constance

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not copy dot-files from another computer, as the settings may differ Jan 3, 2007

You will find them in the installation directory of SDL Trados: C:\Program files\SDL International\T2006_FL\TT\Templates - or in a corresponding location of your software.
You might also want to read a description on SDL Support Page.

Sorry, but I don´t have any other idea why this should happen.

Regards
Jerzy

Germany
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Absolutely nothing helped or worked Jan 4, 2007

so now I sent Trados SDLX my question and solicitation of help. I'll let you know about their answer as soon I get it! Thank you a lot for trying to help me
Best regards,
Constance

GregSmith
French to English
+ ...
News? Mar 29, 2007

Constance Mannshardt wrote:

so now I sent Trados SDLX my question and solicitation of help. I'll let you know about their answer as soon I get it! Thank you a lot for trying to help me
Best regards,
Constance

Any news on that, Constance? I've just got it myself!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Run time error '9' Subscript out of range

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs