Mobile menu

MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 won't create or edit entries
Thread poster: Michael Weise

Michael Weise
Local time: 02:36
German to Russian
+ ...
Jan 3, 2007

Current config: XP SP2, IE 7.0.5700x, Java 1.4.2_08, Java 5.0, all updates.

Just bought SDL Trados 2006 incl. MultiTerm 7.1. Uninstalled the previous version (incl. MultiTerm 6.5 which was useable). Installed the newer MT 7.1, attached my old termbase... According to the docu MultiTerm was supposed to convert the 6.5-termbase into its newer format and start working with it. BUT in my case 7.1 can view, search and filter the termbase, but as soon as you attempt to modify the termbase (by editing or adding entries) you get a page which is similar to the webpage you get when IE is unable to find a web address. Something like "This program cannot display the webpage" etc. Added MultiTerm to trusted in my firewall program, but it did not do me any good.
Please help! Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Weise
Local time: 02:36
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now it works Jan 5, 2007

Hi everybody, thanks for your many replies and helpful ideas

I believe that I managed to fix my problem. I did it on my own, 'cause SDL support didn't even reply to my desperate E-mails. MT7 proved to have some non-obvious limitations regarding spelling of the path to/of the temp folder. To be more specific, I used to have a dot in the path name. All progs worked with that Windows temp folder setting for years, including MT 6.5. There's actually nothing criminal in having a dot in a path name - this fully conforms to the Microsoft file system naming conventions or whatever this spec may be called. Only the wonderful piece of programming called MT7 failed to live with that. As soon as I changed the name of the temp folder(s) to a name without a dot in it MT7 started working (editing and adding entries) and in the same time stopped killing Workbench during term recognition. Believe me, it wasn't an easy guess to find out what specifically MT7 did not like on my PC, but anyway I made it, I can continue working and I'm proud of myself now

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 won't create or edit entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs