Clean up - footnotes and headers
Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt

Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 5, 2007

I have been struggling with my Trados, Word 2003, Multiterm for the last 3-4 days (Windows XP) - lots of different and confusing errors occuring simultaneously.
In the moment I just need to clean up some files which all have headers and footnotes that I want to have cleaned, too (along with the "normal" text).
I just can't remeber ever having had these kind of problem.
I need urgent help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:23
English to Indonesian
+ ...
tageditor Jan 5, 2007

cmiiw, should've been cleaned if you used tageditor. you can still convert it to ttx, using tageditor, then just apply the tm.

[Edited at 2007-01-05 08:45]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:23
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Cleanup in Workbench cleans also footnotes Jan 5, 2007

And in Word 2003 with Trados 7 you can also use the Worc macro "tw4clean.main", which also cleans up the complete document (if you have text boxes, it is possible, that some uncleaned text will remain there - both when cleaned with Workbench and Word).
If you clean up in Word, keep a copy of the file to actualise your TM (via WB-cleanup), as Word macro does not actualise your TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clean up - footnotes and headers

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs