Mobile menu

Problems with Multiterm 7
Thread poster: isa 1981
isa 1981
English to Spanish
Jan 5, 2007

Hello!
I have just started working with Multiterm 7 and I have a problem. I am trying to create a new database definition from scratch and everything goes fine until I get to the window where I have to organise the structure of the database. I have read in many manuals that it is possible to nest any descriptive field and I am able to do it while I am creating the database. However, when I start adding entries, I can't add the nested fields. I can see them, but I can't edit them. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Isa

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:41
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Will bilingual glossary do? Jan 5, 2007

isa 1981 wrote:

Hello!
I have just started working with Multiterm 7 and I have a problem. I am trying to create a new database definition from scratch (...) Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Isa

Hi Isa,

Unless you really need your own complicated definition of a termbase, you might be happy with a bilingual glossary. This definition is readily available in Multiterm 7. I always choose it unless I get a different termbase from one of my clients.

HTH

Piotr

isa 1981
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but I need my own definition Jan 5, 2007

Thanks Piotr,
I know that in Multiterm there are some definitions that have already been created. However, I need to create my own one. It has nothing to do with using it as a translator, but I am doing some research on how to create a database on Wine that could be useful for translators. That is why I need to do quite complicated things. Thanks a lot anyway.
Isa

kanij87
Local time: 02:41
Solution? Dec 22, 2009

I have the exact same problem, almost three years later. Anyone thought of a solution yet?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Multiterm 7

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs