Mobile menu

Problems with Multiterm 7
Thread poster: isa 1981
isa 1981
English to Spanish
Jan 5, 2007

Hello!
I have just started working with Multiterm 7 and I have a problem. I am trying to create a new database definition from scratch and everything goes fine until I get to the window where I have to organise the structure of the database. I have read in many manuals that it is possible to nest any descriptive field and I am able to do it while I am creating the database. However, when I start adding entries, I can't add the nested fields. I can see them, but I can't edit them. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Isa

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:07
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Will bilingual glossary do? Jan 5, 2007

isa 1981 wrote:

Hello!
I have just started working with Multiterm 7 and I have a problem. I am trying to create a new database definition from scratch (...) Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Isa

Hi Isa,

Unless you really need your own complicated definition of a termbase, you might be happy with a bilingual glossary. This definition is readily available in Multiterm 7. I always choose it unless I get a different termbase from one of my clients.

HTH

Piotr

isa 1981
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but I need my own definition Jan 5, 2007

Thanks Piotr,
I know that in Multiterm there are some definitions that have already been created. However, I need to create my own one. It has nothing to do with using it as a translator, but I am doing some research on how to create a database on Wine that could be useful for translators. That is why I need to do quite complicated things. Thanks a lot anyway.
Isa

kanij87
Local time: 14:07
Solution? Dec 22, 2009

I have the exact same problem, almost three years later. Anyone thought of a solution yet?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Multiterm 7

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs