https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/62828-how_to_fix_word_and_workbench_positions.html

how to fix word and workbench positions
Thread poster: Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:03
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 6, 2007

Is there a way to avoid these to windows keep their relative positions (in a kind of split-window mode), so that one does not have shuffle them around all the time.

Setting them up once and then leave alone is barely practical, so any suggestions welcome.

Regards

smo

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:03
English to German
+ ...
Not sure if I fully get the point... Jan 6, 2007

Hi Vito,
I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to achieve - can you explain in a bit more detail?

Cheers, Ralf

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 06:03
English to German
+ ...
Let a macro shuffle them Jan 6, 2007

The corresponding script in MacroX for my screen (with the toolbar on the left hand side) looks like this:

Activate=Microsoft Word
MoveWindow=Microsoft Word,61,0
ResizeWindow=Microsoft Word,965,558

Activate=TRADOS Translator
MoveWindow=TRADOS Translator,61,558
ResizeWindow=TRADOS Translator,965,210

You could adjust the values to your screen settings and run the macro to activate and position the two windows.

Using the pa
... See more
The corresponding script in MacroX for my screen (with the toolbar on the left hand side) looks like this:

Activate=Microsoft Word
MoveWindow=Microsoft Word,61,0
ResizeWindow=Microsoft Word,965,558

Activate=TRADOS Translator
MoveWindow=TRADOS Translator,61,558
ResizeWindow=TRADOS Translator,965,210

You could adjust the values to your screen settings and run the macro to activate and position the two windows.

Using the paid version (EUR 20,-) of www.MacroX.de you can save the script as an exe file and place it in your Windows toolbar for 1-Click-Shuffling

Unfortunately, there is only a German version available.

HTH,
Harry

PS: I guess you should replace "avoid these to" by "ensure these two" in your posting above..

[Edited at 2007-01-06 15:10]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to fix word and workbench positions

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »