Thread poster: Silke Blumbach

Silke Blumbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:04
English to German
+ ...
Jan 8, 2007

Dear colleagues,
Trados 7.1.0.719 does not show in the right window any entries from 7.0.2.327, i.e. the terminology recognition doesn't work. I have created a database (termbase + project) - but the link between the Workbench and MultiTerm doesn't work. Of course I have marked "term recognition" under "options" and I have selected the respective term recognition options. I have tried to select and to deselect "term recognition in the background", but both without success.
By the way, at the moment I am working with the Tag Editor.
Any advice?
Silke

Direct link Reply with quote

Silke Blumbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:04
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yeah, now it seams to work Jan 8, 2007

Now all for a sudden, the new terms are indicated in the window on the right!
What a mysterious program ... but I am relieved ...
Silke

Navy Huang
China
Local time: 20:04
English to Chinese
+ ...
I met the same problem Jan 10, 2007

Hello, friend. I have met the same kind of problem before.
My CAT combination is SDL Trados and MultiTerm 7.1. At the beginning, workbench did not recognize terms that it should have recognized. Entries that I added into termbase when I was working in Word did not show up in term recognition window. I was really frustrated by this program and I even uninstalled this software since I could not use it as I expected. Later I found out that the problem might come from conflict between older version TM and MultiTerm. So I exported all entries in older version TM that are then imported into the TM newly created in the latest version workbench. I also found out that the order in which I installed the software might be a cause too. So I uninstalled all of them and re-installed in the right order that is MultiTerm first, Trados second, as is recommended in the release notes.
After that, workbench term recognition seems to work perfectly.
You may have a try. Trados is still developing and unknown problems keep poping up.

[Edited at 2007-01-10 00:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench 7.1.0.719 fails with term recognition with MultiTerm 7.0.2.327

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs