run-time error 4605
Thread poster: Mpoma
Mpoma  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:03
French to English
Jan 9, 2007

hi all,

I am running WXP with Word 2000 and Trados 6.5.

Have recently started getting this glitch: I try to close seg/open next... and I get this error: "Run-time error 4605. This method is not available because the Clipboard is empty or not valid". At the same time the Trados "cursor mark" ("-{}-") is inserted in the following seg and the field and hidden chars made visible. Have to close seg and open again.

I have in the past examined some of the VB code involved in Trados. Once I even managed to cure a persistent glitch by manually changing a value from true to false... but it took hours of experimenting.

Anyone ever come across this and got a cure? I'll give it a few hours and then try reinstalling Word and Trados, I suppose.

One other thing: am using Dragon NS at the same time... but this has never caused any particular interference. I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with it, and that this is a Trados prob.

Thanks,
Chris

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

run-time error 4605

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums