Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio
Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2007

Hi there;

I am translating a text with an index (word field) which I can not open with Workbench. Everytime it comes to it, the all document appears with all hidden marks, but Workbench does not allow me to translate the index.

Any clue?

Thanks a lot,
Francisco

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxrberes1
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Translate headings Jan 15, 2007

Hi,
If the index you refer to means the table of contents, you don't need to translate that.
Just translate the headings where the index is pointing to (in the body of the document).
After that, go to the index and press F9 - it will refresh with your translation automatically.

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
alt 1 Jan 15, 2007

I am translating a text with an index field

The hidden text marks are normal; they appear because TWB knows there are index fields that need to be embedded in the target segment.

Translate the main sentence first.
Drop the cursor where you need to put in the index field.
Press ALT+[1]. This marks up the entry as an index field.
Enter the item.
If you need more of them, you can do same; only press ALT+[2] (ALT+[3])...
This should do it.

Close the finished segment.

Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Jan 16, 2007

Hi,
If the index you refer to means the table of contents, you don't need to translate that.
Just translate the headings where the index is pointing to (in the body of the document).
After that, go to the index and press F9 - it will refresh with your translation automatically. [/quote]
--------

I made what you told me to do, and it works!!!
Still I have a word which appears in every heading (the word: "chapter") and I have not access to translate it. I can translate the headings and then go to index and press F9, but I still have this word unchanged in the index AND in every heading.
What can I do?

Thanks a lot,
Francisco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word fields in Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs