Thread poster: Gisela Murdter

Gisela Murdter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:55
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2007

I bought SDL Trados 2006 Freelance and have rarely used SDLX. I attended a training last autumn and since then have only used it twice.

Now I need it again and find that somehow over the past 2-3 weeks the green window has gone awol! I open SDLX as usual by clicking on the globe, then have the small grey window with the SDLX button in the bottom left corner. On clicking that, the green window should come up. But it doesn't. Instead I get another globe in the right hand corner of the bottom tool bar, which I can access with a right mouse click. This brings up a list of options like on the green window. BUT: I does not give me the 'Project - TM - Translate etc. options like with the green window.

This also happened at the training and the trainer said, that I only had the trial version installed. He fiddled with the whole thing and after a while I had my rightfully purchased normal version back.

The licenses are there - they look very much like Vito Smolej says they should in his post of 6 Dec (http://www.proz.com/post/467666#467666)

I have no idea how to sort this out myself. I cannot even de-install SDLX and re-install it, as this also goes via the green window. Does anybody know how to solve this problem and what might have caused it?

Many thanks in advance! Gisela

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:55
English to German
+ ...
Double-click on the globe in the system tray Jan 16, 2007

Hi Gisela,

This is normal behaviour and intentional and shouldn't have anything to do with licenses, as far as I know. - It happens if you minimize the switchboard (the green window) instead of closing it.

In order to get the green window back onto your screen, double-click on the globe in the right hand corner of the bottom tool bar. This should do the trick.

And make sure not to minimize the window when you don't need it anymore but to entirely close it (by clicking the x button). It will then be displayed as usual when you start SDLX.

HTH

Kind regards,
Claudia

Gisela Murdter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:55
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX Green Window not coming up Jan 16, 2007

Shows how little I know about SDLX....It worked! What happened at the training session must have been something different in that case.

Tausend Dank, Claudia - jetzt kann ich aufatmen!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX Green Window not coming up

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs